Wednesday, September 10, 2008

STILL ON CLOUD NINE

So we are still over the moon with joy that Carter is going to be OK. We had many prayers being said for him. And thanks again to those of you who prayed for him and had many encouraging words for us. We will keep you posted on how things are going after the Neurosurgeon appointment on the 25th.



For those of you who don't already know...Jeff had a vasectomy on Friday. We had made the decision that we did not need to get pregnant anymore due to everything that we have been through with my pregnancies. This was a very hard decision for me. Jeff was on board with it from the get go, but I was even having second thoughts in the waiting room at the Urologist's office. We have decided that if we feel the need to be parents again, we would explore all of our options and adoption would definitely be one of them. But that would be many years down the road. We want to give the children that we already have, all of our attention and love. With Tucker's hearing impairment, and who knows what Carter will have to face with this cyst, we have enough on our plate for now. All of that being said, Jeff has been home since Friday. Having a stay at home husband is not all its cracked up to be. I enjoyed having some adult company during the day, but what a distraction. I couldn't get anything done around the house, and as soon as I would pick something up, something else took its place. We did have some great quality time together and watched a bunch of movies because it was free HBO preview weekend.



Tucker is still excited to go to school every morning and gives me the daily weather report as soon as his little eyes open. "Mommy it is sunny today" or "Mommy it is rainy today, I cannot play on the playground. I can go to the bike room." He is a constant source of surprise these days. I never know what he is going to say. This morning, I went into his room to wake him up, and like every morning, I opened his shades. I gave is tummy a rub and said "Wake up Tucker, it is time for school." He kindly replied "Good Morning Mommy." rubbed his sleepy eyes and said "Give me my sunglasses, it is too bright." AWWWW, how cute. Daddy bought Tucker an ant farm this weekend, so that is his newest obsession. They are quite interesting to watch. And did you know that if you put ants from two different colonies in the same farm, they will start a war. No, we did not do it. But its sounds kind of fun!



Carter is still cutting those same two front bottom teeth and miserable. I did invest in hurricane jelly for him. And he seems to like it much better than orajel. Alright, enough talk. Here are some cute new pics.




This is a face we quite often. Half Happy/Half Surprise. Eyebrows go up, smile on his face, and hands up and at the ready for balance. As if to say "Look what I just did!"

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Tell Tucker we can't wait to check out his ant farm! And Carter is starting to look like Tucker in those pictures! Super cute, as always!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Just think..if you adopt, you can request a girl from Korea :-) Anyone with boys can request a girl. No, but seriously, I am so glad you have 2 great, good looking, healthy boys!

Natalie said...

I agree with Amanda, I am starting to see Tucker in Carter now. They are such handsome boys!!