Saturday, December 1, 2007

VISITS ARE ALWAYS NICE.

Yesterday was THE day for visitors. I had the time of my life yesterday. It started with my friend Trish bringing Christmas in November. She called and asked if I wanted a coffee or anything. I said yes, but then realized I don't have any money to give her for the coffee. (Not that she would've taken it) Well, coffee was the last thing on my mind after she got here. She looked like a Christmas elf with all of her bags of presents. Trish brought me a beautiful blanket to help make my room "less hospitally". I love it! She brought me a very soft robe from Victorias Secret, that I can't seem to take off. She brought me an assortment of lotions from Bath and Body Works (6 to be exact). And she brought me one of every magazine ever made! This girl is amazing, and we manage to talk to whole afternoon away.

The day didn't end there. Last night was my scheduled Monopoly Tournament, that the entire hospital had to hear about for the last week. My Sister-In-Law Amanda and her great hubby Marc came to play Monopoly with me and bring me dinner. These guys thought of everything. Amanda made the BEST Chicken Pot Pie you ever did taste and a wonderful dessert that resembled Hello Dollies with nuts. They brought Diet Pepsis, plates, utensils, cloth napkins, and salt/pepper shakers. I was waiting for the candle aubras to come out. It was wonderful. We ate and talked and ate and talked. Dinner was DELICIOUS!!! Then the claws came out. For those of you who don't know me so well, I am very competitive when it comes to board games. My other SIL Jessica and I once were found rolling on the floor, hair in hand, playing a not so friendly game of Spoons. Just Kidding, about the hair, but we had fun rolling. I think she ended up with the spoon. Cheater! Anyway, Monopoly was so much fun, at one point or another, we were all loosing and mortgaging our properties. But, after 3 1/2 hours of raised voices, negotiations gone bad, and sheer Monopoly fun, I WON! Winning is an understatement, I demolished them. A rematch will be scheduled, but I think next time we are going to tackle Clue or Life. So I want to thank you guys soooo much for keeping me entertained and laughing so hard I thought I was going to go back into labor.

No comments: