Wednesday, July 16, 2008

POPPY HAN-YEONG IS HERE AT LAST!

Last night was probably one of the most anticipated nights of my life. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity to meet the newest addition to our family, all of our hopes and dreams for Marc and Amanda came to fruition. I will never forget looking at the clock at home and at 8:30pm thinking that Marc and Amanda are probably meeting their daughter right this minute. I will never forget getting our first glimpse of the Marrano family through the security checkpoint and straining our necks to get a better look. And I will never forget the look on Marc and Amanda's face as they were walking towards us to introduce us to their daughter. A look of sheer joy and pride. Oh, I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

Poppy flew in on JetBlue Flight 112 out of JFK. Due to arrive at 12:26am Wed. July 16, 2008.

A little pregame party at the airport. Yes, that is Tucker at the airport at midnight. This is a once in a lifetime thing and he couldn't have been happier.Jessica and I doing what we love.
Amy, Caroline, and Natalie seeing a picture of Marc, Amanda, and Poppy together for the first time.
Our first glimpse of Poppy! HURRY UP AND GET OVER HERE!!!
No words can describe what those wonderful parents are feeling right now.
It looks like Poppy knows Amanda is her Mommy. She hadn't let go since Amanda held her for the first time. She slept the whole way from JFK to Buffalo, and she patted Amanda's back the whole time in the airport.
What an angel. Hi Poppy! Welcome to our family!
Can you feel the love?
And Carter says "I know I was sleeping at the airport, but I love you and I can't wait to play with you!"
I will post more pictures as I get the ones from Jessica and Scott, also keep checking in on Amanda's Blog (Click Here) to see when she posts her pictures from JFK and hopefully when they got home. Keep them in your prayers that Poppy has a smooth transition.

Welcome to the USA & Welcome to our family!

And Happy 31st Birthday Jeff! I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Poppy is simply adorable and looks completely at home in Amanda's arms. I am thrilled for Marc and Amanda and Poppy. Love, Mom

Natalie said...

It was truly an amazing thing to see the family all together! They are just perfect and they all fit so nice!! Keep posting pictures!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!!!!!

Tony Duggan said...

Simply beyond words. We're so happy for them! Had I known in time I would have been there!

Tony