Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN

They only walked with us for a short time, but they left footprints on our heart.

Photobucket

Today is a very sad day for us even though we are celebrating life, we are grieving death. Parker Bryant Morris and Grace Lee Morris are our twins that were born at 22 weeks. They were born holding each other while we watched helpless. I got to hold my babies until they took their last breath and joined Jesus in heaven. Today is their birthday in heaven. There are no words to describe the pain that we still carry with us everyday, there are no actions that could've been done to prevent what happened, and there is always going to be a piece of us missing. I struggle to understand why this happened and wonder what I did to deserve this. But I remind myself that while this is incredibly painful...I was blessed with two beautiful babies that no one else has. I alone got the opportunity to grow these souls for God. While I only held them for a short time, their memories will stay with me for a lifetime.

I want to share this poem with you that I came across not that long ago. While I still can't read it without tearing up, it helps me get through the rough days. It reminds me that they are with me and watching over me.

I thought of you and closed my eyes,
And prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a Mother,
And I know I heard him say:
A mother has a baby,
This we know is true.
But, God, can you be a mother,
When your baby's not with you?
Yes, you can he replied,
With confidence in his voice.
I give many women babies,
When they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime,
And others for a day.
And some I send to feel your womb,
But there's no need to stay.
I just don't understand this God,
I want my baby here.
He took a breath and cleared his throat,
And then I saw a tear.
I wish that I could show you,
What your child is doing today,
If you could see your child smile,
With other children who say:
We go to earth and learn our lessons,
Of love and life and fear.
My mommy loved me oh so much,
I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a mom,
Who had so much love for me.
I learned my lessons very quickly,
My mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much,
But I visit her each day.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillow's where I lay.
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek,
And whisper in her ear.
"Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here."
So you see my dear sweet one,
Your children are Ok.
Your babies are here in My home,
They'll be at heavens gate for you.
So now you see what makes a mother.
It's the feeling in your heart.
It's the love you had so much of,
Right from the very start.
Though some on earth may not realize you are a mother,
until their time is done.
They'll be up here with Me one day,
And you'll know that you're the best one!
-Author Unknown

Photobucket

Thank you to all of our friends and family that have supported us through the past 3 years. We could not have made it with out you.


3 comments:

kathe said...

God Bless you Courtney and Jeff and your beautiful Heaven and Earth family!
love,
murns

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Parker and Grace :)

Anonymous said...

hi there...i'm sorry for your lost. Happy birthday to beautiful babies...God bless you.

Madam Sher
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia