Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER IN VIRGINIA PART 2


On Easter Sunday, we all got dressed up and got ready for the Bryant side of the family to come over and have a special Easter Lunch. The weather was absolutely perfect for us to spend time outside. And the food...well lets just say, I will be adding a couple of the things that we had to my recipe book. (Great Cheese Slaw-Sue Sue)


May-Make (Mason) and his adorable nephews!
GG had a great time playing with the boys in the yard.
Emily is my cousin. She is a self-proclaimed kid avoider. She knows she makes kids cry, and wont get near them. Except Sunday...Emily, Tucker, and Carter had a blast together. And would you believe, not one of them cried, even Emily.

Their not BFFs...The are GFFs. (Gluten Free Friends) Emily is Gluten Intolerant too! I think they bonded over Fritos.


Can you hear him giggling?
I love Tucker's face in this picture. It's like he is saying "Do you dare me to get up?"
Mason and I- Now this is how siblings are supposed to pose for pictures.
Mom and Sue-Sue- This is not how siblings are supposed to pose for pictures. Really ladies...could you get serious for one minute?

No need for Part 3 after all. But I do want to say that we had an absolutely wonderful time in VA. I really wish we could've stayed.

The trip home was a lot quicker than the ride down. We made it home in only 9 hours. And again the boys traveled well. Much better than their mother who has ADD and needed to get out of the car. Thanks to everyone who had us down and we look forward to seeing you in July!

Gluten Free Product that I swear by:

This cereal can be found at many major grocery stores. This cereal tastes just like its name "Mighty Tasty". Carter and I eat this at least 4 times a week. One batch will last us almost a week. You can follow package directions, but I don't need that much cereal at one time.

How we prepare it:

Boil 2 cups of Water
Add 3/4 cup of Mighty Tasty Cereal, stir until blended
Immediately drop burner to low and cover pot
Stir occasionally until cereal is consistency that you like.
*I usually stir once a minute to reduce sticking to bottom of the pot. And I only cook it 7 minutes, because it thickens when it stands.

You can add many of the following things to spice it up a bit, or make it your own. But let me know how you like it best.

Here are our favorites:
-Sugar and Butter
-Jelly (Jeff's Favorite)
-Cinnamon and Sugar
-Brown Sugar
-Honey
-Milk and Honey


No comments: