Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CELEBRATING LIFE

I have a hard time around this time of year remembering that Parker and Grace are not with us to celebrate Christmas, to see what Santa left under the tree for them, and go to family parties with us. They would have been 2 years old this year and I think that they would have loved all of their new toys. I hang their ornaments on the tree for everyone to see. That even though they are not here, they are still apart of this family and we will remember them on Christmas.

This is their plaque hanging in the NICU of Sister's of Charity Hospital. Parker and Grace's Memorial Fund raised almost $6500 for the NICU and they honored my children with a beautiful plaque for all to see.

In this world loved ones pass away, and babies are born everyday. With the grief we have celebration. And today we are celebrating Hayden Christopher's birth to our dear friends Jill and Chris. He was born in the wee hours of the morning on 12/17/08. Jill and Hayden are doing great. Hayden is in the NICU being monitored for his breathing and heart rate, so we are all keeping him in our prayers. Having Parker and Grace's plaque there, helps me believe that they are watching over him. HE will hopefully be able to go to the normal nursery in the next couple of days.

Isn't he sweet! Yes, Chris and Jill let me go up and see him. I was honored!!!



He is a perfect mixture of Mommy and Daddy.

Awwww, I just want to kiss those little toesies!

Tucker and I made cut-out cookies last night. It lasted all of 20 minutes before my patience ran out, knowing I had almost 150 cookies to make and it was already 8 o'clock at night. We both had fun though, and Tucker was so proud. Not to mention, there was a lot of taste testing.


And Carter was so proud of himself today. He finally got the pop-corn toy to pop all by himself.

No comments: