Sunday, November 25, 2007


On May 10, 2006, Jeff and I went to the hospital for a routine sonogram. We were so excited to find out what we were having. I was only 12 weeks pregnant, so we knew that we wouldn't get a definate answer, but even the chance to see our baby was wonderful. The sonogram tech placed the probe on my stomach and immediatly removed it and asked if this was our first sonogram. Of course it was, but we asked her why. She got a smile on her face and told us that there were two babies in there. Jeff and I couldn't believe it, our wildest dreams had come true. (Well mine anyway, I always wanted twins) We were told that they were fraternal, and that we possibly had 1 boy and 1 girl. Could life have gotten any better?

After preterm delivery with Tucker, having twins was less than ideal according to my doctor. With a backround like mine and me already being high risk for preterm labor, this was now a high priority pregnancy. Things progressed as normal pregnancies should. I have never been sicker, never so tired, and my stomach had never been bigger. I was sent for monthly sonograms to make sure the babies were growing well. This is when things took a turn for the worse. At my 19 week sonogram, the technologist saw funneling in my cervix. Which means, my body was preparing for birth. The perinatologist agreed and my doctor was called immediately. I was now on bedrest and scheduled for a cerclage (the stitch) 2 days later. I got my cerclage, with no problem, and put on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy, and I was to return in 1week for a post-op check. I waited in the waiting room wondering if I was ever going to be called back to be checked. It felt like an eternity. Finally, it was my turn. The doctor came in, and examined the stitch. I will never forget his words "Everything looks good...oh, except!" My cervix was still funneling, as a matter of fact, it funnelled to the stitch and was tearing my cervix. I was sent to labor and delivery so he could remove the stitch, and the fate of my babies was in God's hands. The stitch was removed and I was now put in the hospital on total bedrest, and in trendelenberg position (on my head). I would've stayed in that position until the end of time to save my angels. But that was not in God's plan.

On my 7th day in the hospital, I was having contractions here and there, no one thought anything of it. Until 4:00pm they hooked me up to the monitor because I was so uncomfortable. A resident Dr. came to examine me. I was 5cm dilated and my amniotic sac bulging. All she could say was "I am so sorry". I was rolled very quickly to L&D to deliver. My water was broken and at 10:43pm my angels were brought into this world with my husband by my side. Parker and Grace were born together, holding one another. It was beautiful. Parker held on until 11:04pm and Grace until 11:59pm. My husband and I got to hold them until they passed. I somehow knew when I was holding them, the moment they past. A feeling swept through me and I knew when they were gone. My mom, and Jeff's parents were able to come in and witness, their grandchildren be baptised. I am truelly blessed to have spent that time with our angels, as not everyone is able too. They will live on in our hearts forever and will forever be missed.

Grace Lee Morris

Parker Bryant Morris

Please also visit Parker and Grace's website :

1 comment:

S. said...

I am so incredibly sorry for the loss of your twins. Their footprints are beautiful.