Sunday, November 25, 2007


Jeff, Tucker, and I went on our annual July 4th trip down to VA for a fun filled week at the "rivah". I just wasn't feeling up to par and was very tired. I just chalked it up to a long trip with my husband and 3 year old. Until one day it hit me. Right on back of the jet ski in the middle of the Rappahanock River, Jeff and I went over a wave and I felt it. Don't ask me what I felt, but I leaned over and said "Honey, I think I am pregnant!" Well, its a good thing I was holding on, otherwise I was going to land in the water, because Jeff just stopped on a dime. After our quick conversation and conclusion that I was crazy, we went on about our outing and forgot about it. Or so I thought. As it turns out, Jeff had been thinking about it for the rest of the week, and immediately upon our return to Buffalo, he asked me to take a test. So, before the car was even unpacked, we knew we were going to have another baby. He decided that I had better take another one, so after 3 more tests, we were sure.

Baby Boy Morris just 2 months old!

Oh, how scared we were. Here we were getting ready for the 1 year anniversary of our twins birth and death, and finding out we were going to be parents again. I called the Dr. that week and went in 2 weeks later for a confirmation test, and of course, it was positive. We then worked out a plan for our extreme high risk pregnancy. I was to have weekly sonograms to check my cervical length, and I was going to start progesterone injections once a week to help keep me from going into preterm labor. My pregnancy was going great, yes I was tired, but no, I was not as sick this time like I was in the past. I felt amazing. And check out the belly, I was getting huge!!!

Weeks went by and no change in my cervical length and Jeff is a wonderful man, who has become a professional progesterone giver. He was not squimish at all about having to inject me with a needle. Tucker would frequently go with me to my sonogram appointments and he quickly became the mascot of the Ultrasound Dept. I was in deep trouble if I didn't bring their "Little Man" with me.

That brings us to my birthday. My birthday was wonderful! It consisted of my husband's whole family, and my favorite and wings. I got great presents and enjoyed the whole night. The next day which was Friday the 16th. At around 1:15pm I was laying on the couch watching TV and relaxing until Tucker got home from school. All of a sudden I started having contractions. I did what I knew to do. I drank some water, used the restroom, and laid on my side. And repeated it when after 20 minutes I was still having them. Well, at 2:00 after calling the Dr., I called Jeff to come home to get Tucker off of the bus, because the Dr. had instructed me to go to Labor and Delivery. I thought "Here we go again". Jeff found someone else to get Tucker and he drove me to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital it was an emotional rollercoaster and we were overwhelmed with questions about previous pregnancies, and what exactly had I been doing when the contractions started. By this point the contractions had gone from every 7 minutes to every 2 minutes. I was flipping out. Well, after many tests, monitors, medicines, and doctors, it was decided that I was going to stay for awhile. My contractions finally stopped at 10:00am on Sunday morning. Not soon enough. I ended up dilating to 1cm from the contractions. The neonatologist came by to discuss the complications that a 24 week baby would encounter and what we needed to expect. We were scared, but we had faith.

Well, that was 9 days ago!!! And I'm still pregnant!!! The baby and I are doing fantastic and are under the best care possible. I have been ordered on hospital bedrest until I deliver or 34 weeks, whichever comes first. I have a private room, and Jeff has completely set it up for me. I obviously have the internet. My iPod and Nintendo DS have really come in handy too. Jeff also keeps me stocked with DVDs, clean clothes, and wonderful company. I really do have the best husband in the world. He has taken over the household. And has done a great job with Tucker and bringing him up here to see me.

I will post more tomorrow on how we are, and maybe a picture of my room, so you can visualize my new home. Please continue to pray for us. And thank you all for your love and support.


Anonymous said...

Great job on the blog. This is a great idea to keep everyone up to date on you and baby Morris' progress.

Natalie said...

Great Blog!!! You are a very strong woman and my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Kelly Leigh said...

Hang in there Courtney. The blog is great and is a great way to keep everyone updated on your progress.

Anonymous said...

A terrific way to keep us all up to date on you and baby Morris. We are all praying for you down here in Virginia and know this is going to turn out alright. Love, Mom

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you decided to create a blog! I linked yours to mine.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well. Saw this on Amanda's blog and wanted you to know that I have been thinking of you! You & Jeff are in my prayers.


Heather V said...

WOW!! When I read the ENTIRE blog I was in shock and I'm just glad your doing ok girl...I love what your doing and I think it'll totally keep your mind sane :)