Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WEEK TWO AND LOVING LIFE

Well, it is week #2 and we are still on Cloud 9! Having Carter join our family has been pure joy. Even in the middle of the night and he pees on himself for the 3rd time, I cannot stop smiling when I look at him. I cannot seem to put him down during the day. I just want to hold him and love on him 24 hours a day. I find myself drifting back to thoughts of Parker and Grace and wondering if they would've been anything like Carter. If they would've had his disposition and good looks. Would they have had his coloring and would they have eaten as good as him? I know these feelings are natural and believe me folks, I am so appreciative of what I do have. Even though Carter wasn't born at 28 weeks like Tucker or 22 weeks like the twins, Carter is our miracle baby. Thank God that he was able to stay in for as long as he did.

Carter is still eating every 2-3 hours during the night, but he has started to eat every 1-2 hours during the day. That is a lot of breastfeeding!!! I really enjoy it though. It is really cool how natural it is and how much I feel like we bond when I feed him. He hates baths so far. But loves to stare in your eyes when you hold him. It just makes me tear up thinking about how much he needs and loves us, as much as we need and love him. I had forgotten what it was like to have a baby in the house.

Enough mush...

Tucker is home today for yet ANOTHER snow day. So we are playing hard and posing for pictures today!















I found the most adorable baby book for Carter. I have already filled in most of it. I just need to add the pictures.




















This is such a cute outfit, I just had to share it with you!















This is how you will find Carter 95% of the time. One hand is always out of the blankets. Tucker always stuck out a foot.















And finally, Tucker is worn out from a long day playing. He decided to lay down and enjoy Mommy's James Patterson novel. He only got through 1 page.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those two beautiful babies on this cold wintry day (up there) Down here it is 65! Love, Mom

Natalie said...

I love the pics!! Claire used to breastfeed every hour on the hour so I feel your pain. I MISS IT NOW THOUGH!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that things are going so well!!