Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and boy was it a good one. Though it didn't start out that way. Have you ever had a migraine? Well, evidently I had not. Until this morning that is. I woke up with my brain swelling against my skull until tears were flowing and I was sick to my stomach. I was going to cancel Mother's Day Brunch and go to the hospital. Surely I was having an intracranial bleed of some sorts. What? I'm no hypochondriac...those things happen. Right? Well, some Excedrin Migraine and some Claritin later, I was good as new.

We headed to the Adam's Mark Hotel for Brunch with Jeff's family. It is a yearly thing we do. But our first time there. We will never go to any other brunch as long as we live if we cannot have Adam's Mark Brunch. It was wonderful. Where else can a kid get Pizza and French Toast on the same plate. Ask Tucker, he was in heaven. And I had to be rolled out of there. I have no idea what possessed me to take two large dinner plates up to the dessert table and come back and devour everything. Hello bread pudding to die for. I am craving it right now!!!!

We were able to take a new family photo...

Photobucket

No, but seriously

Photobucket

OK, the best part was when Mario from Super Mario Brothers walked in the room and my boys acted like Santa Clause himself had just flown in from the North Pole just for them. No one in the world can compete with Mario. Except for maybe Luigi who was at home with a cold. They went absolutely NUTS!!! But when it came time for pictures, Carter had to be cool. Someone tell me when he became 20 years old, 'cause I swear that's how old he looks here.

Photobucket

This is what happens when you sneak the camera out.
Can you hear the romantic theme music playing as Spongebob and Carter ran for each other?

Photobucket

I had to get in on the action. That makes mom cool too.

Photobucket

Oh boy, they just keep coming out of the wood works.

Photobucket

Where's Tucker you ask? He's at the dessert table eating his 3rd Rice Crispy Treat and 4th Whoopie Pie. That's my boy!!!!

Then we headed home for a nap and more headache medicine. A little bit of planting then off to Uma and Upa's for pizza. This family just can't get enough of each other.

One of Uma's presents of the day was from Miss Poppy. I dare you to guess what this is.

Photobucket

No Clue? I bet if you keep an eye on Pursuit of Poppy you will find out eventually.

Gotcha Mark! I know we are photo-nerds. Always attached to our cameras.

Photobucket

All of the kids were waiting to catch a glimpse of the bird singing such a beautiful song to us in the back yard. I still think it was a Mockingjay.

Photobucket

All in all, a great Mother's Day. All I was missing was my Mom. Happy Mother's Day Mom. I love and miss you so much. And please a prayer out for my Grandma who is in the hospital right now fighting Sepsis. If you don't know what it is, it sucks. Google it and pray for her speedy recovery and health so we can enjoy her this summer.

Wanna know what I got for Mother's Day? Check it out here! Of the Charm Bracelet variety.








2 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am so glad that you are blogging again!!

pandora bracelets said...

happy day.....